Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Starting new paintings for Student Show!

Doing a lot more work w/ depression during this 3 day blizzard and I must say I don't have cabin fever yet. More snow, more painting...so bring it on. Hopefully the more snow we get, the more inclined I will be to axe-murder my roommate. The panels I have built are 3' long and 1'1/2" wide so i'm definitely working with a large surface area. I have been extremely excited to make much more conceptual and abstract pieces while still maintaining a recognizable style. The whole process has been very cathartic and very expressive and I couldn't be more excited about the direction these are going in...

Here are some previews:





The paintings are mostly acrylic, ink, marker, and a little aerosol like usual.
Tell me what you all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment