Saturday, April 10, 2010

Recent work in photo...

Each photo in this post deals w/ a different subject, however, all were shot and developed manually. I used a Vivitar Single Lens Reflex camera w/ Ilford HP5 B&W 400 ISO film.


Self-Portrait.
In my self portrait I wanted to explore the fact that a human's physical make-up is exactly like that of a beast. Humans are made up of flesh, bone, and cartilage just like an animal. I wanted to be naked because I felt it the closest I could come to being symmetrical with the animal. With the right placement and the help of Matt's finger on the shutter release, it ended up looking pretty sweet. Above me are about 4 or 5 uncooked steaks hanging from hooks.







Documentary series
Recently I've been getting into a lot of documentary style photography like Gavin Watson and Alessandro Zuek Simonetti. I wanted to follow one of my friends from an old job, Matt, around for a couple days w/ his friend (and his girlfriend) in the Mobile Home Park on Wells Street. These are only two from the whole series.








MISC


No comments:

Post a Comment