Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Under the Cloud" Self-Portrait Series

Finally I am able to post up the finished series that I was working on last semester...

The "Under the Cloud" pieces are three works themed around depression and living a life accompanied by it. All three are self-portraits. I have focused so much more on being expressive through the way that I paint now. I spend a lot of time thinking about what I am going to paint but I feel I have progressed to a point where I can now spend just as much time thinking about how I want to paint it, technically. I want the physical feel of the pieces to reflect the content. I want the paint to fucking feel depressing. No control.

All were created using acrylic, marker, ink, and aerosol.


All three up in the Goldfish Gallery at Saint Francis:



INDIVIDUALLY: (in order)


Under the Cloud



Neptune



Where is Thy Sting?



No comments:

Post a Comment